Weather Cancellations: Simple Gifts Dance Follows the Upper Sandusky Public Schools Cancellations if School is Canceled: Dance is Canceled.
Your dancer is welcome to come to an alternate class to make up missed class.
1. To insure that children are safe at dance, proper procedure will be taken to make sure the floor and dance area is consistently safe to move on, free from debris. Dancers will be instructed and led in a proper warm up at the beginning of class and cool down at the end of class, and age appropriate movements will only be taught, to insure healthy movement.
2. Another adult (either assistant or parent) will be present during classes to ensure safety and care of students.
3. If an injury, should occur during class, proper care will be given...bandages and ice are available, if needed. The dancer will be advised to sit out of the rest of the class, to make sure the area is rested if applicable.
4. If the child's parent or caregiver is not present during the class, He or she will be called immediately if the injury warrants leaving class or seeking emergency medical care.
5. If an injury isn't severe enough for immediate notification of the parent, the parents will be notified of the injury, with an explanation of how it happened at the end of class.
6. If a dancer is unable to dance due to an injury, she/he is invited to observe the class or to dance with modifications to the movement, as to not create more injury.
7. It is advised that the dancer present a doctor's note as to diagnosis and prognosis of an injury, if unable to attend class.
* Communication with the instructor is the most important. If a dancer is injured during class or outside of class, please let the instructor know as soon as possible, so the instructors will know how to proceed and understand what modifications need to be made.
8. Dancers should not attend class if they are ill, to help themselves get better quickly and to not spread illness to their classmates. Please let Miss Jill know if your dancer is not going to be at class.
9. Dancers can make up missed classes by attending an alternative class time any time during